Thursday 3 July 2014

10am update - good news is... good news

US equities are breaking new historic highs after the much better than expected monthly jobs data of 288k net gains (headline rate 6.1%). With the Dow breaking 17k, the sp' is within 1% of hitting the giant psy' level of 2000. That now seems a given... but not next week.


sp'weekly8b


Summary

We're climbing at the rate of 40pts a month... roughly 2%... and that makes for upper bollinger gains of 10pts a week.

So... we're 1980..in 6 trading days time the weekly cycle will be offering 2000.
-

*I have my eyes on WFM, I am hoping for a little third day of consecutive minor gains, which still offers a small hope of the $40s next week.


VIX has already been knocked to 10.40, and looks set for the 9s... more likely once sp'2000s
-

Notable weakness in the momo stocks... I guess someone has hit a 'cash out' program..

TWTR -2%... at $40... but I'd still guess 'easy upside' to the big $50 within a month or so.